- THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
In providing our services, we collect, store and use the following Information relating to you:
- We collect basic account informationsuch as your email address,
number, username and password. We need this information to create your account and it
secure and provide access to our Services. We also obtain or infer demographic
If you use Facebook or Google to
register for or log in to the Services (or later connect your accounts), you authorize
Facebook or Google, as the case may be, to share your personal information with us,
including your email address, age and publicly available information about you and your
Facebook friends, if you use Facebook for signup.
- Similarly, if you access the Services with another third party social networkwe will collect information that you have agreed to make available, such as your name, user ID/URL, profile picture, age, list of friends, email address and/or phone number, and/or your birthday, language selected, and/or geolocation.
- We collect additional profile informationabout you when you upload a picture, or add your interests, music genre, skills and what you love.
- We gather information from the actions you take to recommend, create, communicate and share content. This includes information about the content you create yourself (your audio recordings), the people’s singing renditions that you mark as “like” or share, and the feedback you provide. In addition, we track social interactions in our Apps (e.g. what you listened to, what you liked, and your shares).
- If you send us support requests or commentsyou may also provide us with additional information to enable us to contact you and address your feedback and we may retain such information to enhance our Services and to respond to you.
- To be clear, we don’t ask you to provide us with any sensitive personal information, such as information relating to your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, genetic or biometric information, sexual life or sexual orientation.
- Also there are information we collect as you use our services, such as certain Location Data, Log Data and public information.
- “Location Data” is information that we collect regarding your location (when you use a location-enabled service), including:
- the location of your device when you use our services, such as from the GPS, WiFi, compass, accelerometer or other sensors in your device;
- the IP address of the device or internet service you use to access our services,
- other information made available by you or others that gives an indication as to where you are or have been located, such as account information that indicates where you are located and Shared Information you or others post indicating your location, such as any geotag information that is embedded in any photos you make available to us; and
- if you have provided us with your location data previously and would like us to delete such existing location data, you may be able to do so via our services.
- technical information such as your mobile carrier, configuration information made available by your web browser or other programs you use to access our services, your IP address and your device’s version and identification number,
- information about what you have searched for and looked at while using our services, such as web search terms used, social media profiles visited and details of other information and content accessed or requested by you in using our services;
- information about what apps and other software you have used and how you have used them;
- information about communications you have made using our services, such as the people you’ve communicated with and the time, data and duration of your communications; and
- metadata, which means information related to items you have made available through our services, such as the date, time or location that a shared photograph.
- “Non-Personal Information” is any information that relates to you but from which it is not practicable to directly or indirectly identify you, including Personal Information in aggregated, anonymised or pseudonymised form.
- “Shared Information” is information about you or relating to you that is voluntarily shared on our services, including postings that you make on our services (including your public profile, the lists you create), any postings from others that you re-post and including Location Data and Log Data associated with these postings. Shared Information also includes information about you (including Location Data and Log Data) that others who are using our services share about you.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we have to help us provide, operate, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- In order to register for a MuSigPro account, we need certain information. We may use your email address and/or phone number to send you information about the Services, provide customer support or to notify you of additional MuSigPro products and services, where permitted by applicable law. You may use your account settings to unsubscribe from notifications from MuSigPro.
- We collect information to learn about your use of the Service and to enhance your social experience when using the Services, such as friend-to-friend interaction and notifications, chat, or messaging functionality, public leader boards, head-to-head competition and other similar features. We try to show you social content that we think will be of most interest to you.
- We try to continuously improve our Services and your experience. As part of this, we use the data we have to identify ways to make our Services better and more engaging for our users. We use your interactions on the Services, along with the other data described in this policy, to infer your interests. We do this to identify and suggest content that you may like and to tailor advertising, including off-site advertising.
- We use data to identify and respond to potential risks to our users and Services (e.g., spammers, phishing attempts, screen scraping, and bullying).
- In limited situations, we share de-identified content and information with researchers for educational research purposes.
- We promote our Services via customised advertising on third party sites. We may use your information to target advertising; including to design advertising campaigns designed to reach individuals with similar profiles to existing MuSigPro users.
- You use your information for customer relationship management (CRM) purposes, including for targeting email and other engagement campaigns.
- We sometimes conduct or sponsor surveys and contests. Participation in surveys and contests is completely voluntary. If you elect to participate, we may ask you for contact, demographic, and other information and may ask you to agree to additional terms and conditions.
- We use log data, such as device identifiers, to recognize you and / or your devices on MuSigPro web and app. We do so to provide you with seamless access to MuSigPro by identifying you and making your content available on both web browser and mobile application.
- INFORMATION YOU AND WE SHARE
MuSigPro is designed to help you share your performances around the world. Most of the information you provide us through your use of the Services is information you are asking us to make public. You share your information as you use and communicate through our Services, and we share your information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- Account Information. Your profile name and photo, may be available to anyone who uses our Services, although you can configure your settings to manage whether certain information is available to other users and businesses with whom you communicate.
- Your Content. Your content, which consists of your audio recordings is published in accordance with your privacy settings. Content is public by default.
- Your Contacts and Others. Users and businesses with whom you communicate may store or re-share your information with others on and off our Services.
- We may share information about you or your use of the Services with our advertisers and third party advertising partners. This means that we may give our advertisers information about the characteristics of our users, along with sharing certain identifiers and/or location information, but we do not specifically identify you by name or share your contact information. Third parties can use this data to deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you or to assess the effectiveness and reach of advertising campaigns.
- We work with Google Analyticswhich collects information such as how often users visit our website, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to the website. You may opt-out of Google Analytics tracking with the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We work with third-party service providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. When we share your information with third-party service providers, we require them to use your information on our behalf in accordance with our instructions and terms.
- Any information in your public profile(e.g., your username and any profile image, location or additional information that you provide as part of your Public Profile, but not your phone number, or email address) will be accessible by other users of the Services. Content that you create through or upload to the Services will by default be public and available to users of the Services.
- We may publicly disclose aggregated statistics(like what musical genres are popular in a certain city).
We will honor your request for us to not use your Personal Information for the marketing purposes noted above. If you wish to make such a request, please: (i) notify us; (ii) follow the relevant instructions on our marketing communications
Please note that we will not share your Personal Information with advertisers unless you have given us your consent to do so. We do, however, share Non-Personal Information with advertisers for the purposes of trying to offer you advertising that is more relevant to you.
A WORD ABOUT SHARED INFORMATION
A number of our services enable Shared Information to be shared publicly with all users of that service and not just your contacts. Our social media services in particular are primarily designed to help you share Shared Information with the world, so Shared Information can be broadly and instantly transmitted and will remain public for as long as you do not delete it (and even after you delete Shared Information, it may still be separately cached, copied, or stored by, or remain public through, other users or third parties who are not affiliated with and not controlled by us).
Please consider carefully what you post and communicate through our services.
- COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
Newsletters and other types of communications
When you use our services, we may use your Information to send you emails, newsletters or push notifications to your device. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, you can do so by following the unsubscribe instructions in the emails we send to you, opting out of notifications at the device level (if available) or contacting our Privacy Officer.
We may from time to time send you service-related announcements when we consider it necessary to do so (such as when we temporarily suspend one of our services for maintenance). You may not opt-out of these service-related announcements, which are not promotional in nature.
- A WORD ABOUT SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
In some jurisdictions, certain Personal Information, such as information about your race or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical views or personal health, is characterised as “sensitive” and is subject to stricter regulation than other personal information. Please note that content and information that you input to our services, such as photographs, may reveal your sensitive Personal Information to others.
We urge you to consider whether it is appropriate to communicate sensitive Personal within our services.
Please note that we do not use your sensitive Personal Information for the purpose of serving advertising to you.
- THIRD PARTY SERVICES ON OUR SERVICES
- AGE RESTRICTIONS
Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to use our services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any children under the age of 13. Please contact our Privacy Officer if you believe we have any Personal Information from any children under the age of 13 and we will promptly investigate (and remove, if we have any) such Personal Information.
- TRANSFER, STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to applicable laws and regulations (including as set out under the “INFORMATION YOU AND WE SHARE” section above), we will only retain your Personal Information for so long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes as set out under the “How We Use Your Information” section above.
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, you may have the right to request to receive a copy of and make any corrections to your Personal Information which we hold, or to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that is stored by us. You may direct such request to our Privacy Officer. We will respond to all requests made to our Privacy Officer under this “Retention of your Personal Information” section within 60 days.
Should your account be terminated by you or us for any reason, we will (subject to the above paragraph) take steps to ensure that your Personal Information is no longer available through our services, or otherwise used by us, within a reasonable period of time (subject to technical limitations) after such account termination. However, it is important to note that communications made by you using our services may put your Personal Information in the hands of third parties that we cannot control – for example, if you have previously made your Personal Information public via social media. In some instances, we may not be able to delete your Personal Information and/or Shared Information from our services or systems – in which case we will (where reasonably practicable) let you know why we are unable to do so.